Summer is quickly approaching and here in South Carolina, the humidity has descended upon us. But with this comes the summer fun – beach days, BBQs, movies, drinks outside and long chats into the night. Flip-flops, sunscreen, yard work – it’s all part of the loveliness that is wrapped into the long summer days and cool summer nights punctuated by the sounds of crickets and the brief flickers of lightning bugs.
I love this time of year because the nice weather motivates us to get up and get moving – to plan things, fun things, improvement things — just things in general that aren’t just sitting on the couch playing video games or watching recorded TV all weekend.
I’m excited to see what this summer will bring and am already anticipating quite a few events that we have in the works!
What are your summer plans? What do you look forward to this time of year?
And since we’re talking about things, namely things that are awesome, let me share a few of the awesome things I’ve been enjoying lately.
- Happy Endings / The Voice / Mob Wives — brilliant, addicting and amazingly trashy, respectively. I was not going to watch The Voice at all but caught it on OnDemand and fell in love. Happy Endings is just so brilliantly funny that I love it so hard! And Mob Wives — these women make the RHONJ look like ladies who lunch. Also, Karen just sucks at life and Drita is the BOSS BITCH!
- Pinterest — I am addicted. I spend way too much time on here, both from my laptop and from my phone (since they have an app). I love that you can have a nice aesthetically pleasing layout for such visually pretty things.
- Coach wallet – Got this at the outlets yesterday for a screaming deal! Awhile back Steve requested that I get a man’s size wallet since I would always take my debit card and license and slip them into my pants and then forget or lose them. He reasoned that if I had a man’s wallet, the size was small enough to fit in my pants and I’d always know it was in there to take it out. So I did and carried an ugly leather wallet for awhile — but this one is the perfect size, small enough to fit into my back pocket without being all, well, not pretty.
- Water tumbler – I can’t find it online but it’s basically a cheap $1 double-wall clear plastic tumbler I picked up from Wal-Mart. I wanted one that would keep the water cold but had an easy flip top with no suction. I bought two of these and use one at home and at work. It’s really helped me increase my water consumption to the point where I’m now craving water.
- Manicure & Pedicure with Mom – went yesterday, got the deluxe pedicure where they put the mask on and cover your legs with the hot towel. LOVED IT! First time I’ve ever gotten one and I’m not sure I waited so long. Going to have to make that a monthly excursion.
What are you loving this week?
[featured image via ]